Counsellor in Niagara Falls for Individual and Marriage Counselling licensed and registered therapist. Niagara Counselling. Marriage Counselling in Niagara Falls.
New Beginning Counselling Services offers Counselling and Psychotherapy for Individuals, Couples and Marriage Counselling over the age of 16. One-on-one counselling for problems in living is available, serving: Fort Erie, Ridgeway, Port Colborne, Font Hill, Welland, Niagara Falls and beyond including Buffalo, N.Y. A list of issues addressed in this practice can be found by clicking here for more details.
Telephone Counselling (Please complete the request form below and further information will be provided).
"Psychotherapy is a private, confidential conversation that has nothing to do with illness, medicine, or healing."
- Thomas Szasz
Take the Test!
Take the Test!
Does this describe you?
1. Are you feeling stuck?
2. Are you anxious or depressed?
3. Are you lacking motivation?
4. Have you experienced trauma?
5. Are you struggling to have an
appropriate and satisfying sex life?
6. Are you experiencing grief or loss?
7. Are you in a life transition?
8. Are you feeling angry or frustrated?
9. Are you feeling guilt and shame?
10. Are you lacking hope?
If you answered YES, to 1 or more, then counselling can help you...
Move from feeling stuck to feeling empowered
Address unresolved issues
Find balance and well-being
Learn and apply practical coping skills, strategies and techniques
Live an authentic life
On a scale of 1 to 10, rate how often do you and your partner engage in the following.
1. Criticism: finding what you think is wrong with the other; blame
2. Defensiveness: lack of openness to understanding; arguing; proving you're right; slamming a door; anger; sarcasm
3. Contempt: negative non-verbal behavior expressions of dislike; eye rolling, huffs
4. Silent Treatment: ignoring the other person; walking away, refusing to talk
A healthy balanced relationship would rate 0.
The presence of any of these reveals:
that it is time to consider marriage or couple counselling!
that there are issues that will prevent you from having a healthy, happy, harmonious relationship.
Take the Test!
" To love someone with all of your heart requires reaching them where they are with the only words they can understand."
~ Sharon L. Adler
What others say about
Marriage Counselling &
Couple Counselling... with Chantale
"If your relationship is in crisis, Chantale is to the "go to" person. It was worth the drives."
"She made us work hard but she saved our marriage."
"We recommend her in a heart beat. She's, genuine and cares about her clients. Thanks for making a difference."
"Thanks for being an awesome referee. We learned how to communicate, finally!"
"We fell in love again. Didn't think it was possible. We are indebted to you."
" You saved our marriage."
" Just love the white board you use. Always teaching us something new. Thanks so much. "
Pet Grief Counselling
Please accept my sincerest condolences on your loss. Since the passing of Samson at age 14, helping others cope through the loss is a service that is provided with first hand experience, with sincerity, compassion and an understanding that will surpass your expectations. Because of this, a special rate is offered to the bereaved at $80.00 hr as opposed to $100.00. You are not alone. Please let me help you through this.
-------------------------------Welcome to Samson's journey. This is a private glimpse into the latter stages of Samson's life--and why I offer ""Pet Grief Counselling."" It is with humbleness and humility that I share this story. I loved my dog--Bigger than the sky and deeper than the ocean.
-----------------------------------Samson was a golden lab mix rescue that was rejected 3 times before he entered my world. He lived a full life and was a strong big boy with a gentle spirit. He had the courage of a lion and the heart of a dove. He knew over 60 human words and never harmed another animal. He was well liked, well loved and well cared for---And he made a difference in my world and in the end--I realize he made me a better human being.
Click image to view slides
Lessons I learned from my dog:
"There is no greater sorrow than to recall a time of happiness in misery."
1. I learned that when I named him, he was not my property. I was not his master. He was a part of my
family. This was a privilege and loving him was a commitment as much as it was a responsibility.
After all--isn't that what love is...
2. I learned that moments make memories and that there are moments to be missed and memories
3. I learned that when I gave of myself, my dog gave more.
4. I learned that love is selfless and does no harm.
5. I learned that when I couldn't be there for him, they were the hardest on him and me, but I learned to
6. I learned that there is no such thing as closure.
7. I learned that acceptance is not about forgetting, it's about choosing to honor the memory.
8. I learned that life sometimes just isn't fair, but that tomorrow will come and a new day begins.
9. When Samson died, I felt like apart of me died too, but I learned to celebrate the legacy he left
behind because I loved him and he loved me too.
10. I recognize that there are some things I regret I did and some things that I didn't do, but I learned to
move on and forgive myself.
Every year since his passing, I walk his cart and trail the path we often shared, in honor and in memory for what he brought to my life and how he enriched my world, making me a better person. This is how I choose to never forget.
What can you do to move forward and honor his or her memory?